canberrabirds

On TV tonight

To: "'Tony Lawson'" <>, "'COG chatline'" <>
Subject: On TV tonight
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:12:04 +1100
Thanks for that. Maybe fortunate that I had a big load of clothes to iron tonight. So I watched this. Funny enough. I wish film makers would actually look through binoculars and realise that you don't see two intersecting circles! Interesting to have 4 well known actors in lead roles. Actually it was not so outlandish a portrayal of twitches. I think Aussies are not so competitive. Odd that it was all supposedly about world's best and setting a world record but that was a total nonsense as the whole thing included only (political) North America. How can that possibly be a world record? Anyone doing this activity and spending a few days on another continent or two would surely beat anyone who only tried one continent, no matter how hard they tried.

But I did learn something very interesting about the Loggerhead Shrike (and its vocal mimicry). Can anyone tell me if what it said was true............ I guess something to research when I return from a trip.