canberrabirds

Swooping, stooping and Magpie Hawking

To: "'David McDonald \(personal\)'" <>, "'CanberraBirds'" <>
Subject: Swooping, stooping and Magpie Hawking
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 17:27:11 +1100
Surely this is based on the magpie in UK, which is quite different from our magpie. I think ours is far more skilled an aerialist than the European Magpie and probably more capable of avoiding danger from most raptors. Also the word hawk & falcon is used almost interchangeably. The falconer might have been using both, or presumably two Peregrine Falcons.