canberrabirds

Whistle-ducks [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: COG List <>
Subject: Whistle-ducks [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 06:11:40 +0000

When Julian Teh and I came back through Bungendore from a weekend banding trip to Moruya, we stopped off briefly at the three anatid-preferred Bungendore locales.

At the Trucking Yard lane dam there were 17 Plumed Whistling Ducks (PWD) scattered around the edge of the dam amongst the wood ducks and grey teal.

There were a further two PWD at the Bungendore Meadows dam, together with a bunch of Australian Shelduck as well as more wood ducks, black ducks, grey teal etc.

At the sewage works, we added another single PWD (western ponds), but it was noteworthy that there were also 10 Freckled Duck (2 on the western ponds, and 8 on the eastern ponds). Also the expected teal, hardheads, shovelers, black ducks, wood ducks, pink-eared ducks etc.

Harvey

Dr Harvey Perkins

CRC Programme Liaison Officer

Phone +61 2 6213 7472

Email:

Macintosh HD:Users:admin:Desktop:Business Masthead_2.png