canberrabirds

new Hooded Robin site

To: "Bill & Raelene" <>
Subject: new Hooded Robin site
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:37:54 +1100
I have cycled that part of the Centenary Trail a couple of times, most recently on Blitz weekend. I dipped on Hooded Robin, so I'll have to try again.

There is an ACT Government sign on the trail near Oak Hill which says that the Elm Grove property is home to Hooded Robins -  photo of sign.

Elm Grove lies south of the trail, north of the suburb of Bonner. Only the trail corridor, which is fairly narrow for most of the route, is publicly accessible. The land on either side is private, so the area you can search for birds is limited. You just have to hope that the birds like to sit on the fence.

It is about 16km from Mulligan's Flat to Hall, and there are no exits from the trail along that route. If the location the Hooded Robins were seen was near the K10/L10 border, that would be about the halfway point of the trail. (The fitness level required for doing that trail is better than mine.)

Duncan.