canberrabirds

motor bike at Wetlands

To: "Maconachie, Michael" <>
Subject: motor bike at Wetlands
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:56:42 +1100
Excellent.  Well done that Ranger, well done that birdwatcher.

I hope the fine was high!

Martin

On 24 November 2014 at 09:24, Maconachie, Michael <> wrote:

A trail bike rider was seen on the new boardwalk the other week. I saw him but couldn’t catch him. A birdwatcher managed to snap a photo of him clearly showing his rego. A fine was sent and has been paid. Sometimes we get a positive outcome. Photos with rego’s are what we need in such circumstance – they can’t say they weren’t there. The photographers camera also had a GPS so location of photo was also not in doubt.

Michael Maconachie

Senior Ranger

Jerrabomberra Wetlands Nature Reserve

ACT Parks and Conservation Service