canberrabirds

NSW/ACT birders group

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: NSW/ACT birders group
From: Julian Teh <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:10:23 +1100
Afternoon all,

I thought I would mention the creation of some new birding groups on Facebook, namely "Australian Twitchers" and the "NSW & ACT Birders".

The Australian twitchers group is a site for as-fast-as-possible dissemination of information regarding rare to very rare vagrants Australia wide (e.g. The recent Long-billed Dowitcher at Lake Tutchewop, Victoria and the current Semipalmated Plover in South Australia).

The NSW and ACT group is for simple sharing of images, knowledge and sightings - common, rare or otherwise. This is in no way intended to compete at all with the COG chatline,as it includes all of NSW and is more for image sharing and conversation than official discussion etc. Needless to say, if any reports were to show up there that are relevant to, but somehow miss the chatline, I will be sending an email about it (and probably chasing it up myself for submission to the rarities panel :) )

If anyone with a Facebook account is interested in joining these groups, the URLs have been  attached below. They are both only recent creations, but I'm sure will quickly flourish.

Regards,
Julian Teh