canberrabirds

FW: New use for a little dam

To: <>
Subject: FW: New use for a little dam
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:56:34 +1100
I went there again at mid day today. No sign of the Maned (Aust Wood) Duck
family. The chicks would not be capable of flying away, they could have been
grazing nearby but I did not see them. Maybe possible all the chicks were
taken by predators and the parents left. I don't know. While I was there,
one Great Eel (to use Geoffrey's mondegreen - though I have used that one
too) flew on to the pond.