canberrabirds

10 days in Cairns

To: COG <>
Subject: 10 days in Cairns
From: Bob Rusk <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 04:02:39 +0000 (UTC)
Hi
I want to thank the many people who gave all the different bits of valuable
info regarding where to go on this trip. Its been really helpful and we've
picked on Chamber,Kingfisher and Redmill to see most of he birds we want. But
we're already fore-armed with the knowledge that "you should have been here
yesterday" will be the greeting more often than we would have wished. I've
decided to take the Morecombe field guide for my ID purposes, especially for
the waders. The reason being is that with this guide your able to choose which
bird you really want as they all look and are coloured much the same giving you
a huge option and the rarities are plain to see. I won't take any other field
guides, except Caley's to use as a reference, as I really want a huge tally and
in all these others guides the plates are far too accurate and would probably
confuse things.
Bo