canberrabirds

Plovers nesting in public area

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Plovers nesting in public area
From: Aaron Clausen <>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 08:45:41 +1000
Hi All,

We have a pair of plovers nesting in a very public/shared open lawn area.
They are sitting on the eggs and doing shifts etc.

Because we are under a body corporate, some things that often happen include:
 - Someone comes to mow the lawns and I fear they would run straight over the top of the nest
 - People and kids often kick soccer balls and run all over the lawn and could step on them

My question is, should I get a few tall wooden stakes and basically put a visible barrier say 3m around the nest just and just run some ribbon between the stakes to make sure people don't disturb them? Or should I contact a park ranger to do something like that?

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks

Aaron.

Aaron Clausen