canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Some technical questions about the definition of

To: "Con Boekel" <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Some technical questions about the definition of life stages in birds
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:21:20 +1000
Generally I agree with Geoffrey, also in the point that being too
prescriptive may often not help. The original question asked about
dependent precocial young. I would suggest that most of the precocial
young are only to a limited extent dependent. For megapodes they are
completely independent. So then the word has limited value, even if we
still use it as a reporting category.

Philip

Geoffrey
Thank you.