canberrabirds

RE: Superb Parrots

To: "'Chris Davey'" <>
Subject: RE: Superb Parrots
From: "Peter Ormay" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:42:09 +1000

Chris

14 Superb Parrots 3pm Fri 22 Aug observed feeding on the ground under the most westerly Yellow Box tree adjacent to the construction exclosure fence at the southern end of Kate Crace St Gungahlin. Some  were in native others in exotic dominated vegetation but it was too high to see what they were feeding on and they were moving about and did not appear to be  concentrating on any particular species.

During the 30 min that I watched them 3 single SPs flew in from over the grassland to the south and 1 flew to the north and another to the north east.

This site seems to be a central to SP activities at present.

I visited Mullion Park 4.00 to 4.30pm but didn’t see or hear any SPs

Peter