canberrabirds

Not enough emails about Gang-gangs lately... Musk lorikeets

To: <>
Subject: Not enough emails about Gang-gangs lately... Musk lorikeets
From: Joanne Kinsella <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:56:54 +1000
No musk lorikeets for me to report, but a m & f pair of gang gangs seen about 4pm yesterday in the big gum trees around the Wanniassa scout hall car park. I'd also heard (presumably the same) 2 being chased by red wattlebirds a few streets away a couple of hours earlier. I think this pair reside around the Catholic primary school in Wanniassa.

Joanne

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 23:30:54 +0000

On Wednesday 23rd at the Kent St tennis courts I saw a pair of Musk lorikeets engaged in mutual preening. On Friday 25th I heard Musks there but couldn’t see them.

Also on Wed 23rd, at least 4 GGs close to the Musks.

Kevin Windle