canberrabirds

The Gang-gang show

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: The Gang-gang show
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:16:03 +1000

I was travelling back from Wee Jasper yesterday, when at 09:00, as we approached Uriarra Crossing, about 15 Gang- gang Cockatoos came flying down the hill on our right and continued into Woodstock Nature Reserve where they dropped to within a couple of metres of the ground and appeared to keep on towards the river.

A few moments later a second flock of 10 came down the hill, across the road and continued on towards the river. We stopped in at the parking area to Woodstock and waited five minutes for an encore. This time 30 Gang-gangs (conservative guesstimate) same spilling downhill and crossed the road before dropping  low and following terrain down to the river.

Waited another 10 minutes but it seemed like the fat lady had sang.

John K. Layton

Holt.