canberrabirds

Superbs at AIS

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Superbs at AIS
From: Megan Mears <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:19:50 +1000
Heard them calling from trees in the carpark at 9am.

Later (when Chile scored the 3rd goal in the last minutes of play... ) I went outside to see if I could find them. One male was sitting low in a tree near the admin building. A noisy miner attacked but the SP stood its ground by moving from the outer exposed branch to an inner twiggy area. Lots of pedestrians in area. SP did not fly off. The NM then went and attacked other NMs. Other SP calling was very faint.

And then 13 Superb Parrots flew over - long enough for me count! Interesting to know they are around in the cold weather. I'm sure others must see them.

Megan