canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Stray thoughts on 'Stone the crows'

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Stray thoughts on 'Stone the crows'
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 12:47:45 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Con Boekel [
Sent: Sunday, 1 June 2014 11:03 AM
To: COG list

On the 12th of May I noticed that an Australian Raven was, in anthropomorphic terms, carrying on like a pork chop. It was on the ground, calling agitatedly and looking about 'wildly'. I was only a few metres away, the bird was on the ground, but it seemed barely to notice my presence.

The area was under the large pine trees opposite the propagation nursery in ANBG. I assume the crow was one of a pair that I had several times photographed before. I have not seen the pair since.

As I watched, the bird consumed several large pieces of whitish looking fungi fragments.

This all leads me to the question: 'Was this crow stoned?'