canberrabirds

Tackling the tricky task of tick removal - some hardware

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Tackling the tricky task of tick removal - some hardware
From: muriel story <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 18:03:09 +1000
I like to get rid of ticks INSTANTLY - it's psychological. One can dose the tick with Lyclear scabies ointment or the "freezing" stuff before removal.

Two cheap and nifty devices remove ticks without squeezing them:

Tick Twister, two per pack, look like miniature plastic jemmies (recommended when I asked Michael Guppy after his COG presentation)
OR
Ticked Off small plastic tool with a demi-spherical head with a small notch in the rim.

I have only been able to buy these at pharmacies the coast - Batemans Bay and Bermagui. They work.

Cheers,
Muriel

PS I am not an agent or sales rep, just a birder!