canberrabirds

re gang-gangs with eye problem

To: <>
Subject: re gang-gangs with eye problem
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:49:39 +1000

Hi,

Concerning the posting dated 25th April by Megan Mears with a photo of a pair of Gang-gangs with what appear to be eye problems, in the Hackett/Watson area.  Although unfortunate for the birds, I would be most grateful if observers in the area could keep an eye out for this pair as they could provide us with some very interesting observations on movements.  I realise that at this stage we have no idea how prevalent the eye problem is and there could be more than two birds around with the problem but even so any further sightings would be most valuable, especially if accompanied with a photo.

Any sightings can either be recorded on-line or on a paper form.  All instructions on how to do this can be found on the COG website by following the link to ‘Gang-gang survey’.  Alternatively, a message to would be fine with details on date and location of observation.

Many thanks,

Chris