canberrabirds

Banded crested wood pigeon

To: "'kym bradley'" <>, <>
Subject: Banded crested wood pigeon
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:38:20 +1000
Yes a Crested Pigeon with a leg band. Can the number be seen? That way we could know its history.

Based on that, at first read, I wondered what the subject line meant, I will use this example to add a suggestion. Although we should not be overly serious and sometimes I am. This shows the value of using correct names with capital letters. Because Banded Pigeon (= Banded Fruit-Dove) and Wood Pigeon (in Europe) are both another species. I have never heard of Crested Pigeon being referred to as wood pigeon.