canberrabirds

Nursery Corner

To: "'Hastir, Chris'" <>, <>
Subject: Nursery Corner
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:07:19 +1100

Chris  -  it is a matter for anyone using the _expression_ to say what they mean by it, but I understand it generally refers to the wooded patch shaded green below. Over many years it has been quite a good site for breeding birds, but there are other patches in the reserve that are just as good.  Back in the 80s it was possible with the lessee’s permission to walk in from the track to the east but that is now closed and there is no access from Narrabundah Lane at the point indicated.  Instead you should walk down the track from the usual entry point.  The area shaded blue was excised from the lease to be a pony club but is now, I believe, under permitted occupancy by the lessee, although we had some discussion on this chatline about a new site for the RSPCA.  In any case, it is not part of the nature reserve