canberrabirds

Autumn woodland survey, Callum Brae

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Autumn woodland survey, Callum Brae
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:54:19 +1100
Overcast morning for the survey. Most notable was the fact that since I was last there only a couple of weeks ago the Scarlet Robins have moved in en masse. Seldom out of hearing, and a number seen singing on the tops of trees all round the reserve. Also quite a few Dusky Woodswallows in two areas near the big pylons. A small group of Brown-headed Honeyeaters was also good - hadn't seen them there recently.  One site had two young Olive-backed Orioles. Very large numbers of Grey Fantails and Buff-rumped Thornbills around. I did not sight any raptors at all, but Margaret L saw a pair of Kestrels near nursery corner, and also three Wedge-tailed Eagles circling above the gate area just after I left!

Sandra h