canberrabirds

Seen (and not seen) on Plains Rd

To: COG List <>
Subject: Seen (and not seen) on Plains Rd
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:27:49 +1100
I took myself on my MTB down Plains Rd and Pollack Rd Hoskinstown this morning.  As usual a good range of birds were seen.

The obvious highlight of the seen birds was 10 Gang-gangs munching on Snow Gum (E. pauciflora) nuts.  They have been submitted to the survey.  At least 16 Dusky Woodswallows, with several of them being juveniles.  8 Diamond Firetails with a few young in the mix.  18 Eastern Rosellas and 13 European Goldfinches.  Back at the Briars-Sharrow end of the road, 2 Golden-headed Cisticolas and 2 Brown Quail.  In total 26 species.

Vanished from the snow gum remnant were Tree Martins, WW Trillers and WB Woodswallows.