canberrabirds

Your Canberra Bird Notes - call for contributions

Subject: Your Canberra Bird Notes - call for contributions
From: Michael Lenz <>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:43:35 +1100
The next Annual Bird Report is progressing well under Paul Fennell's
guidance and it will come out in due coruse. It is time to think about
the mid-year issue ff the Canberra Bird Notes (CBN), scheduled for
June 2014. I am making the 1st call for contributions to this issue:

Please consider writing up observations of interest on our local
birds. For example:
·         interesting behaviour
·         notable breeding
·         overviews on birds of a specific (your favourite) area/site
·         observations of rarities
·         status of any species (group of species) in the ACT or COG's
Area of Interest (AOI).

Paul Fennell and Steve Wallace can assist you greatly with access to
and summary statistics of records held in COG's data base. Longer
articles or shorter notes are equally welcome.

Please share your knowledge with a wider readership!

You can discuss any potential contribution with me at any time
(contact details: ; 62491109)

Please send actual text to

Michael Lenz
Editor of Canberra Bird Notes