canberrabirds

International Shorebird Counts 6-7 September

To: <>
Subject: International Shorebird Counts 6-7 September
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:11:11 +1100
Hi All,

I expect many would like to contribute to this. The poster has asked me to forward this on to this list.  He has even written to me to suggest that trying from Canberra or regions similar is still OK. It would be great to spread the word. I encourage you to participate in the counts. No matter if you are not living on top site along the coast. Every little counts. :) This is more about a celebration of waders/shorebirds than a hardcore scientific project. Australia is still quite under represented if you see the map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z3yRwAVo2mAw.k42bDqIRe7a4

Apologies if it is a repeat. And let's not get bogged down about whether it is "shorebird" or "wader". Please correspond with not me.

Philip

To:       From:       Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:17:06 -0800
Subject: [AfricanBirding] International Shorebird Counts

Dear Friends,

On 6-7 September an International Shorebird Counts will be held as a part of the event series of the World Shorebirds Day. We'd be thrilled if African birders would support this idea and would join this global event, supported by eBird.

Please help us to make it a worldwide event. More details can be found in the blog of the special day.

Don't worry about the early announcement. At this point we'd like to see the sites booked on the map. :)
Thanks for your support and happy birding.

Best wishes, Szimi
_
Gyorgy Szimuly
Coordinator of the World Shorebirds Day Event Series

__._,_.___
Reply via web post m("btinternet.com?subject","Roy.Hargreaves");=RE%3A%20%5BAfricanBirding%5D%20International%20Shorebird%20Counts">Reply to sender m("yahoogroups.com?subject","AfricanBirding");=RE%3A%20%5BAfricanBirding%5D%20International%20Shorebird%20Counts">Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
*******************
11,500+ Photos of African birds - view and contribute your own!
www.africanbirdclub.org

Info on birding in every African country
www.africanbirdclub.org/countries

Need advice on books and CDs?
www.africanbirdclub.org

Enter the ABC/Birding Africa identification challenge
http://www.africanbirdclub.org/countries/challenge.html
.