canberrabirds

White-throated Treecreeper(s)

To: "'djflotek flotek'" <>, <>
Subject: White-throated Treecreeper(s)
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:36:40 +1100
I don't know how much answer you are hoping for, they are not much of a town species. I do think it of significance though, that although I have been living at my current home (in Kambah) since 1985 (and done GBS since then), I have only ever had one GBS record of a White-throated Treecreeper. Not just in my area but in my actual yard. That was in the week (maybe even the day) immediately after the 18-1-2003 fire and that bird stayed pretty much on my tree for several days. The motivation for it moving into suburb appeared pretty obvious to me. Of course I don't know what happened to it after that.