canberrabirds

Day of the Gang-gang (4)

To: <>
Subject: Day of the Gang-gang (4)
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:44:15 +1100

Actually the paltry number of gang-gangs in that ironbark would not be GBS recordable because this morning I walked around the corner and NINE gang-gangs exploded out of 2 small Chinese Pistacios.  Below is a record of other birds making use of them.  This may be of interest because Chines Pistacios are the absolute favourite of gang-gangs and while some trees are now fruiting I have noticed that for some reason this is going to be a big pistacio season. As I walk around inner south Canberra I see several trees laden with green berries.  These are going to be a big attractor for wandering bands of GGs.  The birds allow a close approach when they are feeding on them