canberrabirds

Wednesday Walk to Queanbeyan STW 19 February

To: COG List <>,
Subject: Wednesday Walk to Queanbeyan STW 19 February
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 06:29:05 +1100
This is to confirm arrangements for the walk next week.  We will meet at 8:30 at the corner of Mountain Rd and Nimrod Road outside the gates to the works.
Inline images 1
We may be able to park inside the grounds but that depends upon space available due to work going on in the site, and I will check that out on the day.  For OHAS purposes the Council asks that we sign on on their sheet as well as the COG one so we will start by visiting the site office for that purpose.

The birds can be a bit skittish, but we get good views down the ponds so it would be helpful if folk with scopes brought them along.  The weather forecast is for 29C, which will seem cool after recent heat, but the site is exposed so wear a hat and carry water (and drink it!).