canberrabirds

Parking at the Bungendore Sewage Treatment Plant

To: CanberraBirds <>
Subject: Parking at the Bungendore Sewage Treatment Plant
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:52:04 +1100
Greetings, a clarification: in emails distributed on the list recently people have referred to the 'new parking area' at the Bungendore Sewage Treatment Plant (on Bungendore Road near its intersection with Tarago Road).

Please note that this is not a parking area as such. It has been built to allow large trucks - water tankers - to extract recycled water from the Plant. They need to turn around on the new concrete pad.

We are fortunate that Palerang Council has not placed a gate across the entrance - as things are now we can drive in there any time trucks are not using it and view the birds through the fence.

The upshot of this is that we should be on the lookout for trucks using the pad, and ensure that we don't get in their way. In particular, we need to stay with our vehicles when looking at the birds as water tankers can fill up there at any time on both weekdays and weekends, and just one of our cars on the pad would prevent the tanker from being able to fill up.

For info - David

--
David McDonald
1004 Norton Road