canberrabirds

Uriarra visit

To: "'COG list'" <>
Subject: Uriarra visit
From: "JUDY MIDDLEBROOK" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:48:56 +1100

I hope you have a good day at Uriarra tomorrow. We've just had 1 ml of rain and more seems to be around.

There have been many birds around very early in the morning on these hot days but except for the sulphur crested cockatoos and sparrows they tend to thin out as it warms up. In the last few days in the village and the woodland block on the western side of the horse paddock there have been yellow tailed black cockatoos, yellow faced honeyeaters, white winged choughs, king parrots, crimson rosellas, eastern rosellas, red rumped parrots, yellow rumped thornbills, willie wagtails, masked lapwings, kookaburras, currawongs, magpies, galahs, crested pigeons and little birds which are too fast for me to identify. The attached photo is of another unidentified bird which visited a couple of days ago.

I probably won't be able to join you tomorrow (a leg issue) but please feel free to come over to 67 Jim Bradley Crescent if you would like a closer look at the birds around the village, cold drink, shelter, toilets or anything I can provide which doesn't require walking. There is ample parking over the road. The woodland block can be accessed through my back yard. All welcome.

Judy Middlebrook