canberrabirds

Reminder re list rules

To: CanberraBirds <>
Subject: Reminder re list rules
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:11:25 +1100
Greetings. Our list now has nearly 300 members and generally continues to function well, thanks to all subscribers including especially those who make regular contributions.

From time to time I send to the list a reminder about the list rules. We keep these to a minimum, but they remain important if we are to all benefit from and enjoy the list. Here are the list rules.

Messages sent to the CanberraBirds email list should not
* be of a purely commercial nature
* contain offensive or inappropriate language
* contain personal attacks - discuss the message, not the messenger
* stray too far from our main topics: the wild birds of the Canberra/ACT region, their habitat & conservation.

Recently we have had some very large attachments sent to the list. It is essential that you resize photos - reduce them in size. Messages, including attachments, should be under 100 kb in size. This is because some of our subscribers are still on dial-up connections to the internet and many access the list using mobile devices. Geoffrey Dabb has prepared some useful guidelines for ensuring that photos sent to the list are small enough that the total email size is under 100 kb. His advice is on the list archive at http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds/2005-05/msg00170.html .

If you have any comments on this, pls respond to me directly (m("canberrabirds.org.au","coglists-owner");">) rather than to the whole list.

Good birding!

David McDonald
COG's email lists manager
phone 02 6238 3706
Email: m("canberrabirds.org.au","coglists-owner");">