canberrabirds

Science show: Lapwing seeks refuge by a human's side

To: "'Barbara Preston'" <>, <>
Subject: Science show: Lapwing seeks refuge by a human's side
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:34:57 +1100
Yes an interesting story and all makes sense (as in believable, though the behaviour of the Hobbies sounds odd, even though the way it is written suggests the ID is competent). Sort of odd though if in logic that Lapwings always defend nests against people, to then think people are a source of safety. It is a bit like Starlings reported to hide under sheep when a Peregrine Falcon appears.