canberrabirds

Piscivorous Australian Ravens??

To: <>
Subject: Piscivorous Australian Ravens??
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 16:29:28 +1100
That is all fine. If the Ravens are there a lot, of course that makes them very likely prime suspects. I wouldn't necessarily rule out Kookaburra, Sacred Kingfisher, and White-faced Heron, etc, just because you haven't noticed them. You are fairly close to good habitat. I'm convinced from all the GBS work and the number of times I have just happened to see something passing through, that I nearly missed, that we all (or most of us) miss a lot of birds. In particular the several Sacred Kingfishers I have seen in my yard or nearby park over the years have always been silent and easy to miss.

A neighbour of mine complained of similar loss of goldfish.