canberrabirds

Sunday outing

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Sunday outing
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:50:21 +1100
Good morning everyone

If you plan to attend the outing to Currawang on Sunday please register with me and advise whether you wish to carpool from the Netball Centre.  Details below.

Thanks
Sue

Sunday 10 November – Currawang

If you wish to carpool, meet at the Netball Centre carpark on the right and just north of the Northbourne Ave/Mouat St intersection ready for a 7.30am departure. Distance from Canberra to Currawang is approximately 64 kms (about 45minutes).  Those travelling independently should aim to arrive at Currawang by about 8.15am.

The outing will begin at the property where we will spend an hour or two, depending on available birds, but hopefully White-throated Gerygone, Scarlet Robin, Pallid Cuckoo and possibly Diamond Firetail, Dusky Woodswallow, Mistletoebird, Yellow Thornbill, Flame Robin and various raptors.

We will then spend a further 1 to 2 hours at my neighbour's property. If his paddock is not available (under negotiation – lambing and so on), my brother (or his neighbour) has a property on Collector Road which leads back to the Federal Highway. It is on a dirt road but very easy travelling. Possible species include Hooded Robins, Rufous Songlarks, Peaceful Doves and Stubble Quail.

Anyone keen after these spots, can always take a right onto the Federal Highway on the way home and go up the road a couple of kms to Rowes Lagoon. There is quite a bit of water still lying around now, but it may be very different by November.

How to get here: Stay on freeway from Northbourne Ave to Collector 50kms. Go past first left turn to Collector. Turn right onto Collector Road. At 2.8 kms take left onto Lucky Pass Road. There is 7.8 kms of dirt road (regular commuter traffic uses this road) to Currawang Road. Turn right and it is 2.9kms to our front gate 2388 right (low) side of road opposite old Post Office Telegraph Hill.

Bring morning tea. Toilet available at our place.

Please register with Sue Lashko by email at smlashko(at)gmail.com indicating whether you intend to carpool or travel independently.

Jude Hopwood