canberrabirds

Brood patches are evidentially found on Shining Bronze-Cuckoos despite n

To: "'Damien Farine'" <>, <>
Subject: Brood patches are evidentially found on Shining Bronze-Cuckoos despite not being required
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 18:38:53 +1100

When it come to some of the information on birds, and other topics, on Wikipedia, I have often found mistakes in their data.

We have had one Horsfield’s Bronze-Cuckoo (an adult bird) at Charcoal Tank with a brood patch and I have seen bronze-cuckoos elsewhere with brood patches. The majority of the banding team are now well versed in checking for brood patches an all bird species and I often check to be certain. I know that the HB-C was checked by me, and while it was not a full blown brood patch, it certainly was a brood patch.

Mark