canberrabirds

Uses of Bird Photography, revisited #3

To: <>
Subject: Uses of Bird Photography, revisited #3
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:51:19 +1100

#3 – to show typical bird habitat, with or without birds

Below is a snap of the famous Borrow Pit, a prime bird viewing location.  This is an example of a ‘disused’ area of the Plant, which is now very useful indeed.   I have added the image at the lower left, which was obtained at the spot.  I confess to adding the avocets, which were not actually at that particular spot. The harrier was around about, but maybe not actually right there.  On the other hand, the notice at the right WAS at the spot.  It warns against disturbing Orange-bellied Parrots which are known to feed in the area, in season.