canberrabirds

help to identify a call

To: "jude hopwood" <>, "COG" <>
Subject: help to identify a call
From: <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:35:59 +1100
Jude.

Possibly a flycatcher. Leaden? Restless? Plenty of Leadens at Mulligans this week.

Cheers,

Bruce

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:50 AM
Subject: [canberrabirds] help to identify a call

Dear Experienced and Aurally Acute Wise Ones,

Currawang: 6:30 pm yesterday. weet, weet, weet, weet on one note followed as part of the same song but on a lower note, chirra, chirra, chirra, chirra.  From dense foliage a very loud call heard repeating as I got out of the car from work.  May have been calling before that.  Persisted for next 5 minutes. I gave up looking and went inside. Is it possible to suggest some birds I might investigate?

S.Pardalote and YRThornbills were all sounding off significantly at the same time in a slightly removed area, but Starlings and GSThrush were all highly vocal in the same area from which the call was emanating.

Hopeful,
Jude