canberrabirds

Point Hut to Pine Island

To: COG List <>
Subject: Point Hut to Pine Island
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:47:32 +1000
ANPS did the walk there and back today.  I can see why Sandra and Lia rate this so highly in terms of flowers: there were brilliant displays along the way.  The most interesting records of birds were breeding with Magpie (ON) and Pied Currawong (NB) at Point Hut and White-winged Chough (ON) at Pine Island South.  WRT the last species there appeared to be two nest within about 5m of each other.  I assume that the one nearer the River, on which the bird was sitting was this year's while the other, despite being in very good nick was last years.

--
Martin Butterfield