canberrabirds

Molongolo Gorge walk -9am in the furthest car park - Sunday 1 September

To: "canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Molongolo Gorge walk -9am in the furthest car park - Sunday 1 September
From: "casburnj" <>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:42:34 +1000

For those who are intending to come on Sunday.  The track is ok for walking unless rain is imminent.  I will send an email to the chat line early Sunday morning if the walk is off.

To get to the start of the walk, enter Kowan Road off Sutton Road. Kowen road turnoff is about 1.5 km from Yass Road (Queanbeyan end).  From the beginning of Kowan road the disgtance is 1.5km to the furthest parking area, which has playground and toilet facilities.

Our reconnoitre today was lovely in the shade along the side of the gorge and the river is beautiful. The track is about 3 km each way.  It is important that everyone wears stout boots with good tread, as the narrow path is undulating, and rocky, and there are tree roots to watch out for.  Kowen Forest is visible on “Molongolo Gorge Walk” or on Map 26 of the Yellow Pages.

Please bring enough water for a few hours and your lunch or nibbles, which we will have at the blue tiles picnic area.

See you 9am in the car park

Jean