canberrabirds

WT eagles, Mt Ainslie west & Kambah again

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: WT eagles, Mt Ainslie west & Kambah again
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:39:16 +1000
I had something similar about mid day today over my house in Kambah, so
unlikely to be the same birds. From inside my house I heard a ruckus from
Magpies and went out to see why. Following the sound I saw three
Wedge-tailed Eagles flying over, all initially quite low and within a few
metres of each other and appeared intent on going the same way. As the
Magpie and Raven chasing got more serious they all gained height and split
up for a while. After they got much higher there also seemed to be a
peregrine joining in with swoops from above, but too far away by then for me
to be sure (so that isn't going on the record). So I went inside to get my
binoculars but then couldn't find any of them when I got out again (that
would have taken less than a minute). Wedge-tailed Eagles reside fairly
close to here, I see them more often than not on my strolls at Kambah Pool,
flying over Bullen Range (including one yesterday).

I also had a Little Eagle over my GBS Site on I think Wednesday this week.