canberrabirds

Dunrossil Drive pines removal (was Denuding acacias in Bonner)

To: David Rosalky <>
Subject: Dunrossil Drive pines removal (was Denuding acacias in Bonner)
From: Erika Roper <>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:01:05 +1000
The family of magpies that lives in my yard has a couple of very well established nests in the pine trees, even though there are also many large, native trees in the yard. They have been using these nests for at least 20 years, though I'm sure it is much longer. I wonder why they prefer the pine trees?