canberrabirds

To all Discussion list subscribers- Gang-gang layout editor required

To: <>
Subject: To all Discussion list subscribers- Gang-gang layout editor required
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:37:52 +1000

Hi,

The Gang-gang newsletter is an essential medium by which members are able to find out what is happening within COG.  The production of the monthly newsletter requires an editor and a lay-out editor.  Sue Lashko is happy to continue in the position as editor.  Janette Lenz has over the past 15 issues done a wonderful job as lay-out editor but unfortunately now finds that she is unable to continue.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank Janette for the great job that she has done.  The committee is actively looking at the situation but as it stands at present we will be unable to produce a newsletter from the end of July onwards if we are unable to find a layout editor.  The job only takes a few hours at the end of each month (with nothing to do for the rest of the month).

The two options we face are:

 ·         Locate a volunteer who would be prepared to take on the role, or

·         Seek the expertise of a professional lay-out editor or graphics designer.

If we are unable to fill this position on a voluntary basis, we will need to pay a printing company to do the layout.

We have been advised that to cover professional costs the membership subscriptions would need  to increase from $35.00 to around $50.00.  Given that members subscriptions no longer cover members services, to reduce this extra cost it may be necessary to either cease production of a hard copy or add an additional cost on the subscriptions for those who want a hard copy.

Before the committee makes a decision on this urgent issue we again ask if there are any contributors to the Discussion-list who may have the expertise to fill this important role.

Alison has asked me to post this message.  For further information or suggestions please contact  Alison (Alison Russell-French direct and not via the Discussion-list.’

Chris