canberrabirds

Forklift mistaken for rare thrush

To: Nick Payne <>
Subject: Forklift mistaken for rare thrush
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:48:42 +1000
I like the reference to "all the way".  Presumably this is culturally specific phrasing as Google Maps suggest it would only take about 90 minutes which is roughly the time it would take me to get from Carwoola to Warks Rd.

Although  suppose I might be a little miffed if when I got to Warks Rd the reported Cicadabird turned out to be someone brewing coffee!

On 16 June 2013 13:31, Nick Payne <> wrote:
>From a BBC web site article on notable mistakes:

"Sophia Hadi drove all the way from Leeds to Washington, Tyne and Wear, after a friend there reported hearing a rare song thrush, only to find it was, in fact, the noise made by a fork lift truck reversing at the local Asda.