canberrabirds

request for information

To: <>
Subject: request for information
From: "Ruth Parker" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:13:11 +1000
Yesterday the residents of my strata block received by mail notice of the removal of a large Eucalyptus bicostata.
This activity is to start in 5 days time, Wednesday 19th.
A copy of the conservators decision was circulated but no conditions were attached despite a line in bold capitals along the bottom of the page stating “Read Condition(s) Carefully”.
Since 1998 I have watch a pair of Australian Ravens successfully nesting at the top of this tree and I suspect they are starting their 2013 nesting cycle now.
Does anyone know if the tree conservator usually, or ever, puts restrictions on removals to the effect that if birds are nesting removal must be delayed until the young are independent?
This tree is used by many other birds of course including up to 6 or 7 pairs of Gang Gangs when they are in Torrens which has happened more frequently over the past  4 or 5 years.
Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Ruth Parker