|To:||"canberrabirds chatline" <>|
|Subject:||10 tips for birdwatchers|
|From:||"boy nature" <>|
|Date:||Tue, 04 Jun 2013 21:23:28 -0400|
‘10 tips for birdwatchers’
· When you look up, keep your mouth closed.
· Stand still, birds can not sit still for long & will give away their prescence.
· When using binoculars, pick the nearest distinctive tree fork and work from there.
· Never eat baked beans the night before a bird walk & always carry toilet paper.
· Go with a friend & at times also look down for snakes.
· Carry a very light raincoat, just in case.
· Dont assume other people wont know the bird species, yet always be kind to beginner’s mistakes.
· Dont walk in forests on very windy days.
· Listen & learn bird calls in addition to bird shapes.
· Dont crawl through a (barbed) wire fence with a back pack on.
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||Counting C Myna in GBS: the real story., Philip Veerman|
|Next by Date:||large flocks king parrots, sandra henderson|
|Previous by Thread:||O'Connor/Turner: White-headed Pigeon, Peter Milburn|
|Next by Thread:||large flocks king parrots, sandra henderson|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the Canberra Ornithologists Group mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the list contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email . If you can not contact David McDonald e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU.AU