canberrabirds

Exotic Parrots

To: "'Lia Battisson'" <>, "'COG Chatline'" <>
Subject: Exotic Parrots
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:39:44 +1000
Lia saw two and only had a close look at one, I saw one flying on 3 occasions which may have been one or two birds but only saw one closely and perched and through binoculars. It was a mostly close to white form of the bird which appears to not have been the one Lia saw well which was mostly grey (usual colour is mostly green but they are bred in various colour forms). The calls, the shape and long tail, the neck ring and the big red beak are distinctive. We clearly heard at least two calling to each other as they flew circuits around the trees & houses. I heard one of them again at 11 am today.