canberrabirds

Paucity of Crested Pigeons?

To: John Layton <>
Subject: Paucity of Crested Pigeons?
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:48:03 +1000
Yes, I too have noticed a local decline in Crested Pigeons near my place in Giralang. I thought that it might have been a very local change in preferred location because there still appeared to be plenty nearby, but lately I have been seeing fewer in the broader area.

The Garden Bird Survey does show a sharp decline for the most recent year (the year ending June 2012).

Inline images 2

Duncan McCaskill
Garden Bird Survey Coordinator