canberrabirds

Kellys Swamp works

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Kellys Swamp works
From: "Maconachie, Michael" <>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 02:34:50 +0000

Next week an excavator will enter Kellys Swamp to undertake some minor works while it is dry. Works involve scraping off the vegetation and top layer of soil from the old shingle island to see whether we can reclaim it to its original state and function. While we have the machine we will try and get a couple more larger perch logs out. There is also a small island among the reedmace that is just one big blackberry patch. Blackberry is now dead so will try and get rid of it as well. No major changes just a bit of maintenance work.

Michael Maconachie

Ranger

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

Parks and Conservation Service