canberrabirds

Sightings since last post

To: "" <>
Subject: Sightings since last post
From: kym bradley <>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:05:07 +1030
Hi All
Lovely drop of rain I can hear my garden enjoying it

Some of the birds, I have seen  since my last post

Butcher Bird, with Cricket I think,  also noted one at the back of Calwell shops where the gym use to be in the tree behind there

This one was sighted yesterday

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with Wedge Tailed Eagle

Right on dark the night prior there were six scattered on logs just behind a wire fence I did take shots but very dark, I noted across the road was a dead roo, so up early and sat and waited I was not disappointed  Once came in so close to where I was due to being spooked by a fox

Was not fazed at all sat there for at least 30 mins,
he /she has a full crop from the roo feed   Yes I did rattle of 100's of shots

The Fox who took over the roo, you can just see the roo at the bottom of the shot

Numerous Flames and Scarlet Robins

MALE HOODED Robin

Australian Kestrel

Peregrine Falcon JUST KILLED a Galah  NOT THE BEST image

You can see the Galahs feathers on the feet

Near Banks Yesterday LATE evening

European Goldfinch (saturday )

Firetail  Finch ( Saturday )

Brown Falcon ( sunday )

Hard Head Ducks with the NINE Pelicans  Two Adult swans Two Young Swans  Lake Tuggeranong ( Sunday )

Numerous Kookaburras this one was a show off ( sunday )

The Egret was still at Point Hutt sunday morning