canberrabirds

Peaceful Doves in Kambah

To: "'Michael Robbins'" <>, <>
Subject: Peaceful Doves in Kambah
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:04:10 +1000
Thanks Michael,

Yes I walked out to there (about 12 minutes from my house). Fairly quickly
(as soon as I approached) I found one adult Peaceful Dove feeding on the
lawn just outside the fence at the south east corner of the new aged care
units (adjacent to football field). One juvenile Peaceful Dove flew onto the
ground close to it. I watched both with binoculars for about 2-3 minutes
from about 2 to 3 metres away, then both flew into the nearest birch tree. I
couldn't then see the juvenile (both are well camouflaged), then watched the
adult there for a few minutes before I walked home. One of the Crested
Pigeons chased the adult PD in the tree. I have never seen them there in 28
years in Kambah (nor do I recall in my fevered brain right now ever having
seen them in ACT, but of course very many elsewhere).

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: Michael Robbins