canberrabirds

Denuding acacias in Bonner

To: Mark Clayton <>, 'Bill & Raelene' <>, "" <>
Subject: Denuding acacias in Bonner
From: John Brown <>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 05:53:58 +0000

I have heard of the removal of particular acacias introduced from other parts of Australia that locally behave as weeds competing with local species and are therefore removed, eg. the Cootamundra Wattle (Acacia baileyana, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_baileyana) which is classified as a weed in Canberra. However, I have no idea if that has anything to do with this situation.

John