canberrabirds

More birds for 8/4/13 NEED ID on one please

To: kym bradley <>, COG bird discussions <>
Subject: More birds for 8/4/13 NEED ID on one please
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:10:41 +1000
Hi Kym

Your unknown bird is indeed unusual in Canberra.
It is a Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater.

Common west from Canberra, but unusual in ACT.
My father's book records a series of individual records and notes it as a "rare vagrant from the inland"

Nice find.
No doubt you ought put in a formal "rarities" record - others can tell you the form to use, etc.
Date, place obviously.
The photos are totally conclusive.

Denis Wilson